18 Oct Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake
- 1/2 Cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Medium banana sliced and frozen
- 1 Cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Scoop BioX Power Whey Isolate vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Almond milk
- optional garnish: light whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice
- Place the pumpkin puree, banana, Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, protein powder and almond milk in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve, topped with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice if desired.
- Ideally, opt for a good quality protein powder that is minimally processed, doesn’t have a lots of added sugar.
- Use unsweetened almond milk, it’s low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, it also gives a good consistency.
- If you find your smoothie to be too sweet, add a splash of lemon juice.
- Natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup are great for upping the sweetness.
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the smoothie!