30 Aug Blueberry Bran Protein Muffins
Blueberry Bran Protein Muffins 🍇🍇🍇
When I was first searching for recipes 🧐 I found a lot that used oat bran so I went with that. But after baking the first batch, I noticed the muffins were lighter in colour and the flavour and texture were not what I usually associated with bran muffins 🤔
So… I looked up types of bran and the differences between them
Here are the two most common:
Oat Bran – Higher Protein
Wheat Bran – Higher Fiber (over double) and Lower Fat
Winning bran: WHEAT BRAN 💕
120g Wheat Bran
120g All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
52g bioxperformancenutrition Cookies and Cream Protein
Pinch of Salt
175mL Unsweetened Cashew Milk
2 Eggs (at room temp)
233g Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
1 tsp Vajilla Extract
30g Apple Sauce
1.Preheat oven to 360°F.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Whisk wet ingredients (minus blueberries) in a small bowl.
4. Add wet to dry and mix with a spatula until fully mixed.
5. Carefully fold in blueberries.
6. Spray muffin tin with Pam Baking Oil.
7. Fill with batter and bake for 16 minutes.
NOTE: Makes 15 muffins.
7.6g PROTEIN / 13.6g CARBS / 1.2g FAT