06 Aug Snickers Protein Bar
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Vegan Way vanilla protein powder (Or Power Whey Isolate vanilla) or 1/4 cup collagen peptides (non-vegan)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Date Caramel Layer
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts
- 1 1/2 cup dates (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes to soften, then drained)
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Nutri-Nut Powder
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line an 8’×8″ or 9″x7″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl add the almond flour, maple syrup, protein powder and almond milk and mix together mix until a crumbly and sticky texture is achieved.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and press evenly to create the base layer, then place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until solid.
- While the nougat is chilling, you can start preparing the caramel layer.
- In a food processor, blend together the soaked and drained dates with the peanut butter and Nutri-Nut powder until creamy and smooth, stopping every so often to scrape the sides with a spatula.
- Next add in the raw peanuts and fold together.
- Once the nougat layer is solid, remove from the freezer and evenly spread the date caramel sauce over the nougat layer.
- Place the pan back into the freezer to chill for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, melt the chocolate together with the coconut oil.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and slice the caramel nougat into 12 equal bars.
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use 2 forks to carefully take one bar and dip it into the chocolate, flipping it over until fully coated.
- Remove the coated bar carefully and place onto the parchment paper.
- Repeat the process for the remaining bars.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge or freezer to set for 12-15 minutes until the chocolate coating is completely hardened.