10 Jan PROTEIN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
Protein Peanut Butter Cups Ingredients
For the Chocolate:
- 10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, measured solid
For the peanut butter filling:
- 1/3 cup all natural creamy peanut butter (only ingredients should be peanuts + salt), chilled
- 1 Tablespoon of BioX Nutri Nut Powdered Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup BioX Power Whey Isolate OR Power Whey Complex vanilla protein powder
- Flaked sea salt
- Fill a muffin tin with 12 liners
- Combine semi sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl and melt in the microwave in 15-30 second increments until smooth. Check often to avoid burning, it will not take long.
- Add two teaspoons of melted chocolate to the bottom of each muffin liner
- Once done, tap the pan on the counter several times to allow the chocolate to settle flat.
- Place muffin tin in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- While the first chocolate layer is chilling, make the peanut butter filling.
- Combine the all natural peanut butter, maple syrup, protein powder, and salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Once the chocolate is set, distribute the peanut butter filling into the 12 cups
- Top with remaining melted chocolate, then use a spoon to flatten the tops
- Sprinkle peanut butter cups with flaked sea salt, then place in the fridge for an hour, or until set.
- Store leftover protein peanut butter cups in the freezer in a Ziploc bag