09 Sep Oreo Protein Donuts
Oreo Protein Donuts
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 donuts
- 50 g chocolate BioX Power Whey Complex protein powder
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour*
- 3 tbsp. special dark cacao powder aka dutch process cocoa
- 3 tbsp. calorie-free sweetener* I used one that’s twice as sweet as sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup (2 large) egg whites*
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt*
- 1/4 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk*
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil* melted
Buttercream icing (option 1):
- 1/2 cup powdered calorie-free sweetener* like Swerve confectioner’s
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 2-3 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk*
- 1 1/2 tsp. buttery spread* vegan buttery spread, unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream cheese frosting (option 2):
- 3 oz. fat free cream cheese*
- 3 tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup powdered calorie-free sweetener* like Swerve confectioner’s
- 1/8 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 9 mini Oreos or gluten-free Glutinos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (through baking powder) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in wet ingredients (through coconut oil) and mix. Batter should be quite thick but spreadable.
- Lightly coat four wells of nonstick donut pan with cooking spray or use a silicone donut mold.
- Either spoon batter directly into wells, or spoon into a Ziploc bag and cut off one corner to “pipe” batter into wells (actually easier and less messy).
- Bake for donuts for 15-20 minutes until firm to the touch.
- While Oreo Protein Donuts cool, whisk together frosting ingredients in a separate bowl until thick and smooth.
- Frost Oreo Protein Donuts and sprinkle crushed cookies as a topping.
Calories (per donut, with buttercream icing): 141kcal, Fat: 7.5g, Sat fat: 5.1g, Carbs: 11g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 10g, Sodium: 137mg
Calories (per donut, with cream cheese frosting): 145kcal, Fat: 6.8g, Sat fat: 5.0g, Carbs: 10g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 13g, Sodium: 229mg